GRCF High Throughput Sequencing Center
At the GRCF HTS Center, our goal is to provide the research community at Johns Hopkins University with access to 'next generation' sequencing platforms. We currently feature three HiSeq 2000 instruments. Using a sequencing-by-synthesis chemistry, billions of bases are produced with each run at a cost of less than 1% of capillary based methods.
- Our HiSeqs have been upgraded to the 2500. This allows us to run 2 samples in less than 48hours. Turnaround time for small projects will now increase significantly.
- 2x150 reads possible with HiSeq2500.
- Whole Exome sequencing now $1350 per sample.
- Improved variant annotation for whole exome that includes most publicly available sequencing dataset allelic frequencies (ESP5400, Complete Genomics, 1000 genomes).
- We have a Covaris E-Series for accurate DNA shearing. Free to use for sequencing customers.