Convenient, on-site blood processing for your study
The GRCF Cell Center offers same day service aliquoting and/or cryopreservation of various blood isolates including whole blood, lymphocytes, sera, plasma, and more. Our facility also specializes in the establishment of cell lines (LCLs) from isolated lymphocytes or whole blood.
viable lymphocytes from whole blood
ISOLATION AND CRYOPRESERVATION
Sterile lymphocyte isolation by Ficoll gradient, cell count, viability determination, cryopreservation of 1 mL aliquot whole blood, cryopreservation of 1-4 aliquots of isolated lymphocytes at 5e6 cells/vial.
sera and plasma
isoLATION, ALIQUOTING, AND CRYOPRESERVATION
Isolation and cryopreservation of sera and plasma aliquots (0.5 – 1mL). Cryopreserved proteins, antibodies, antigens, enzymes, hormones, and metabolites are intact for future analysis.
cell lines (LCLs) from isolated lymphocytes
FROM frozen Lymphocytes, or whole blood
B-cell transformation from whole blood isolated blood lymphocytes, culture expansion, and cryopreservation. Cryopreservation of whole blood aliquot (1 mL), 1-4 aliquots of lymphocytes at 5e6 cells, and 4 aliquots of (transformed) lymphoblasts at 5e6 cells. Please allow 8-10 weeks for completion.
ALIQUOTING AND CRYOPRESERVATION
Aliquoting fresh whole blood in 0.5 – 1mL volumes and cryopreserving for DNA or other research purposes.
The GRCF Cell Center requests an initial consultation to discuss your project needs prior to dropping off your first samples. Please contact us at 410-955-3320 or by email at email@example.com to setup an account for processing in our facility.
The following documentation must be completed and submitted prior to dropping off first samples:
1) Completed Project Information Form
3) IRB Approval Letter
4) Blank copy of the Informed Consent
5) Letter from Principal Investigator affirming all patients have consented to the study
After hours drop off
For your convenience, the GRCF Cell Center has an after hours drop off system for blood processing orders! Blood can be deposited in secure After Hours Drop Boxes or our 4 deg C fridge for processing at 8:30 am the following business day.
PLEASE NOTE: This system is only available to customers previously setup for blood processing. Please ask us about how to use this system for your future drop offs.
Phlebotomy & Shipping Guidelines
Guidelines and Policies
1. Investigators must complete a Project Information Form and have communicated this form to the bioprocessing at firstname.lastname@example.org prior to specimen arrival. Study samples will not be processed without an IRB number, proof of IRB approval, a copy of the informed consent, and study title on file with the GRCF Biorepository & Cell Center.
2. Samples must be labeled with the designation, Samples not containing this information will be delayed in processing until this information is received.
3. Blood for PBMC or Transformations should be collected in the proper vacutainer, acid citrate dextrose (ACD) at proper volume indicated on blood draw instructions.
4. There will be an $85 charge for failed samples. Failed samples are samples that have been unsuccessfully completed after three attempts.
5. Blood lymphocyte isolations will be charged a single processing fee if the blood volume is 20mL or less. Volumes greater than 20 mL of blood will be charged an additional processing fee.
6. Samples arriving after 3:30pm Mon-Thurs will not be processed until the following day. Samples arriving after 2 pm on Fridays will not be processed until the following Monday.