Ways to Order Items from the Core Store
Stop by Blalock 1026 during normal business hours.
core store 24/7
Pick-up an item from one of the 24/7 Vending Centers.
Serving the Hopkins research community for over 30 years
The Core Store is a division of the Genetic Resources Core Facility of the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine. In operation since 1989, the Core Store is a non-profit resource that offers appreciable savings and fast delivery of a wide variety of research products. The Core Store provides one-stop shopping, saving researchers both time and money. In addition to its product offering, the store charges no shipping and handling fees and has free delivery to three JHU campuses.
Johns Hopkins East Baltimore Medical Campus
600 N. Wolfe Street
Blalock Building, Room 1026
Baltimore, MD 21287 USA
Monday – Friday:
9:00 am to 12:00 pm
and 1:00 pm to 5:00 pm
CORE STORE OPERATING PROCEDURES
Effective 10/11/21 – Deliveries to the Homewood campus will resume on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. Deliveries to Bayview campuses will be made on Wednesdays.
– There is a 72 hour lead time for deliveries to the East Baltimore campus labs.
– Orders should be placed on the Core Store website or placed via email using the email order form.
– Orders for pick up of stocked, Core Store items require a 1 hour lead time.
– You may call the Core Store Customer Service (410-614-1647) or email email@example.com for questions about your order status.
– Hours: Weekdays – 9:00am – 12:00pm and 1:00pm – 5:00pm
– You must bring your web order number with you at the time of pick up.
– Masks are required. Please be patient and maintain social distance.
In stock items: Orders must be placed at least 1 hour before coming to Blalock 1026 for pick up.
Special order items:– Special order items that are in stock with suppliers will be available 48hrs after the order is placed.
– You may call or email the Core Store to confirm your order is ready for pick up.
Please be aware Blalock 1026 is JHU Hospital space, consequently, follow the guidelines for wearing a mask and social distancing.
Core Store contacts
Do you work at JHU or one of it’s affiliated Institutes? If yes, you are an internal customer.
Are you from another Institution or from industry? If yes, you are an external customer.
Placing a Special Order
If at any time you desire a product that it not in our catalog, please do not hesitate to call us to see if we can get it for you. Special orders may receive a discount off list price no shipping costs. If there is a product that is in high demand, let us know, so that we may consider adding it to our stock inventory.
Returning an item
Please be careful when placing a special order at the Core Store. Only unopened unmarked items will be considered for return.
Returning a stocked item to the Core Store
- Returns must be made within 30 days of date of purchase.
- All returns must be hand delivered in original unopened and unmarked packaging to Blalock 1026.
-Please remember to bring a copy of the Core Store invoice.
Returning a special order to the company
- Each supplier has specific instructions on returns.
-Please note that some supplier’s will not accept returns.
- All shipping and restocking fees will be the responsibility of the customer.
Call a Core Store customer service representative at 410-614-1647 to discuss your options.
Getting a replacement from a company
Customers having problems with a product that was ordered through the Core Store from a Manufacturer should first contact the Manufacturer’s Technical Services Department to determine if the issue is user-based or product-based.
“Backorder” means that one or more of the items on your order are currently out of stock with the supplier. We will go ahead and ship the merchandise that is available, and will backorder the rest. As soon as it is received at the Core Store, we will ship it to your lab that day. However, if we have not received the item from the supplier within 365 days, the order will automatically be cancelled.
- You can request to have your order held longer, or you may cancel the backorder by sending us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.