RNA Interference (RNAi) with GE Dharmacon
GE Dharmacon RNAi products encompass the most complete portfolio of innovative tools for transient, long-term, inducible and in vivo RNAi applications.
- siRNA – Pre-designed genome-wide reagents for siGENOME, specificity-enahanced ON- TARGETplus,
- and self-delivering Accell product lines.
- Available as SMARTpool or Set of 4
- Choose highly potent siRNAs for human, mouse, and rat
- shRNA – SMARTvector, GIPZ, TRIPZ and TRC lentiviral shRNA products designed for optimal gene silencing.
- Available as Set of 3 or Individuals
- Choose from glycerol stocks, viral particles or lentiviral pooled libraries
- microRNA – Best-in-class microRNA modulation tools including miRIDIAN microRNA Mimics, microRNA Hairpin Inhibitors and shMIMIC Lentiviral microRNAs.
- RNAi Controls – Choose from negative and positive controls as well as transfection indicators for all product lines
Custom siRNA can be ordered through the siDESIGN Center
- The siDESIGN Center is a free online design tool that offers the power of the Dharmacon SMARTselection algorithm for the custom design of highly functional siRNAs.
ON-TARGETplus siRNA incorporates design strategies for functionality and specificity, and is the only siRNA available with a patented dual-strand modification pattern to reduce off targets caused by both strands of the siRNA.
- Blocks sense-strand entry into RISC and improves antisense-strand specificity to its target with a unique seed- region modification
- Delivers optimal siRNA potency while eliminating off-targets that could cause false positives
- Pooling ON-TARGETplus-modified siRNAs results in the most specific gene targeting reagent
Accell siRNA provides delivery into difficult-to-transfect cell types for unprecedented experimental flexibility and discovery.
- Deliver siRNA without the need for transfection reagents, instruments or viral vectors
- Patent-pending novel siRNA modifications facilitate uptake, stability, specificity and knockdown efficiency
- Proven performance in neuronal, immunological, primary and other difficult-to-transfect cell types
- Appropriate for use in vivo, due to stabilizing modifications
- Extended-duration knockdown with optimized continuous application
siGENOME siRNAs are highly potent and reliable gene-silencing reagents. Since its launch in 2004, siGENOME has provided the longest standing siRNA guarantee on the market.
- siGENOME designs incorporate rational strand bias with application of ON-TARGET modifications when required for optimal functionality
- Trusted in more whole genome screens than any other siRNA
GE Dharmacon siRNA reagents are available in the following formats:
- SMARTpool: A mixture of four siRNAs provided as a single reagent. siGENOME and ON-TARGETplus SMARTpool reagents are guaranteed to silence by 75% or better.
- Set of Four: Four unique siRNAs targeting a single gene provided as individual reagents. Three of our four siGENOME and ON-TAREGETplus siRNAs are guaranteed to silence by 75% or better.
- Individuals: Select one, two, three, or four individual siRNAs per gene at a variety of quantities Gene Family and Pathways: Predefined libraries arranged by gene family and/or function. Custom Library: Available in 96-well or 384-well microtiter plates.
- Building & Room Number
- PI Name & Email address
SMARTvector Lentiviral shRNA – To fully harness the utility of lentiviral vector approaches in shRNA-mediated gene silencing, careful attention must be paid to the choice of promoter controlling its expression. Inefficient promoter activity due to varying cellular and biological contexts results in sub-optimal knockdown and can be misinterpreted as poor shRNA functionality. The SMARTchoice platform permits the researcher to first observe activity of multiple promoters in the target cells of interest and then order SMARTvector gene-specific lentiviral shRNA and controls with optimal promoter choices, saving time and money by making informed decisions.
- – Advanced universal scaffold and patented, validated shRNA design algorithm for potent silencing
- SMARTchoice Promoter Selection Plate allows straightforward identification of optimal promoters in cells of interest
- Advanced microRNA-adapted shRNA design for specific silencing and minimal off-target effects
- Flexibility to order gene-specific shRNA vectors with choice of seven different promoters and two fluorescent reporters or a non-fluorescent reporter format to maximize success
SMARTvector Inducible Lentiviral shRNA – Combining all of the advantages of the SMARTvector shRNA design innovations with the recently developed Tet-On 3G tetracycline-inducible expression system and the flexibility of SMARTchoice promoter and reporter options, this novel single-vector regulatable RNAi system permits the rapid development of stable cells with tightly controlled shRNA expression.
- Advanced universal scaffold and proprietary validated shRNA design algorithm for potent silencing at single- copy integration and minimal off-target effects
- Tight control of shRNA and reporter gene expression utilizing the latest generation Tet-inducible expression technology, the Tet-On® 3G Inducible System
- Unsurpassed flexibility with your choice of two reporters and four promoters in an inducible system
GIPZTM Lentiviral shRNA – Perform specific and efficient, transient or long-term RNAi with GIPZ Lentiviral shRNA. Human and mouse genes are each targeted with multiple shRNA constructs that have been cloned into the pGIPZ lentiviral vector.
- Efficient and guaranteed* knockdown
- TurboGFP tracks shRNA expression
- Lentiviral delivery extends RNAi to primary and non-dividing cells
- Bacterial glycerol stocks or purified, high-titer lentiviral particle format
TRIPZTM Inducible Lentiviral shRNA – Study the function of essential genes, validate cellular phenotypes and generate regulatable knockdown cell lines with TRIPZ Inducible Lentiviral shRNA.
- Regulatable and reversible gene silencing
- Guaranteed* knockdown
- Tet-On® or Tet-Off® configurations
- TurboRFP tracks induced shRNA expression
TRC Lentiviral shRNA – The RNAi Consortium (TRC) Lentiviral shRNA Library was developed by the Broad Institute of MIT and Harvard University. This collection targets both human and mouse genes with broad coverage per transcript.
- Simple stem-loop shRNA design
- Amenable to in vitro and in vivo applications
- Lentiviral vector enables transduction of primary and non-dividing cell lines
GE Dharmacon shRNA reagents are available as:
- Sets of three
- High-titer lentiviral particles – 10^8 TU/mL Bacterial glycerol stock
- Building & Room Number
- PI Name & Email address