For Illumina methylation projects with more than 94 samples, the pricing includes:
- 2 controls per plate
- Study duplicates (one per every other plate) at no additional cost
- Individual sample reruns in the lab for poor performance (repeated 1X)
- Full data release contains Methylation GenomeStudio and profile data, minfi analysis, summary reports and README files to describe the data in each directory.
We request 80 ul of sample at a concentration between 30 and 50ng/ul.
Poor quality DNAs may not perform as well as high quality genomic DNA. Clients should be aware of these limitations prior to committing to a study. Degraded DNA (especially from FFPE samples) may be “rescued” using the Illumina restore kit. This kit costs an additional $100/sample.
Shipment Instructions for Illumina methylation:
DNA samples must be sent in bar-coded plates provided by the GRCF, 92 samples per plate. Plates will be provided only after:
- arrangements for payment have been made,
- a pedigree file has been approved (required for both family based studies and case-control studies) and
- a copy of your IRB approval letter has been received
- a duplicates file has been approved
A DNA manifest template will be sent to you. Please read the instructions provided with the manifest carefully and follow them precisely. The manifest is our only record tying sample ID to plate and well location so please take care to ensure the accuracy of this document.
Please return the completed manifest file to project manager prior to shipping plates to the GRCF. Plates must be shipped on dry ice for arrival on Tuesday through Friday.
Shipping address for Illumina genotyping (external customers):
Johns Hopkins Genomics – CIDR
1812 Ashland Avenue
Baltimore, MD 21205
Email the tracking number to Roxann Ashworth.