- Does your lab provide bisulfite conversion for methylation studies? Bisulfite conversion is included in the pricing for all 450K projects of more than one plate. For projects on other platforms, we can provide conversion for you for a fee.
- I only have one plate for 450K analysis and want to do my own conversion. Which kit should I use? Illumina recommends the following kits for bisulfite conversion.
- EZ DNA Methylation Kit for 50 DNA reactions (supplied with capped columns) (Zymo Research, catalog # D5001)
- EZ DNA Methylation Kit for 200 DNA reactions (supplied with capped columns) (Zymo Research, catalog # D5002)
- EZ-96 DNA Methylation Kit for 2×96 DNA conversion reactions (deep-well Zymo-Spin I-96 Filter Plate) (Zymo Research, catalog # D5004)
- Note: Bisulfited DNA is single stranded and unstable, so please be sure to arrange a slot in the SNP Center lab with your project manager before beginning the process.
- I am doing Pyrosequencing. Which kit should I use? You may use any kit. If you use Qiagen reagents for everything in your assay (i.e. off the shelf methylation assay, bisulfite conversion and PCR reagents), the assays are guaranteed and Qiagen will replace failing assays.
- What volume and concentration should I provide for the bisulfite conversion?
2 March @ 10:00
8 March @ 10:15
9 March @ 13:00
14 March @ 13:00
28 March @ 10:00
1 April - 5 April
11 April @ 13:00
Now Available! – 2017 GRCF Catalogs
The new 2017 GRCF Catalog is now available. This catalog highlights all of our research/clinical services and the Core Store's products. Please stop by the literature rack outside the Core Store (Blalock 10th floor) to pick up a copy.
Sample Drop Off Locations now available on Homewood campus
We are pleased to announce the availability of two sample drop off locations on the Homewood campus.
• UTL 384 (inside the break room directly across from the stairs)
• Croft Suite 100 copy room (in the Institute for NanoBioTechnology)
Both locations have a clearly labelled, locked, black refrigerator. Please call 410-955-2836 for the combination.
Samples dropped off by noon each day will be picked up by the Core Store staff and brought to the East Baltimore campus for processing. Sanger sequencing samples will have data returned by 10 AM the next business day.
FAQ – Methylation
To provide high quality, cost effective research services and products to investigators throughout the Johns Hopkins Scientific Community.